Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All of You by Lew

This blog goes out to all of you and Tonya.

Thank you.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Thank you for your prayers.
Thank you for your kind words.
Thank you for your encouraging comments.

As we indicated from the start, we were so overwhelmed with the orginigal news of The Quads. Overwhelmed to the point that we weren't sure if we could do this. We dug deep, real deep. We talked and talked. Ultimately, we knew we were chosen for this quest by God, and we knew the following:

God doesn't burden.
God doesn't make mistakes.
God knew we could handle this.
God knew we have an amazing network of family and friends.

Tonya is a very special person. I don't tell her that enough. We all know that she is different. She is influential. Some may not have realized it yet, some may have, but she has influenced many people that she has touched in her life.

God knew that - he made her.
God blessed Tonya, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend.

Going on 30 weeks pregnant with quadruplets. No complaints. Nothing but positives come out of her mouth. Amazing.

I'm writing this while listening to ESPN radio. Today they have been playing Jimmy Valvano's speech that has been titled "Don't give up, don't ever give up". It is a very moving speech that he gave at the ESPYs (ESPN sports awards). For those not in the know, Jimmy V was a legendary college basketball coach who finished his career at North Carolina State. Less than two months after he gave his speech, cancer took his life. The final portion of his speech is very moving.

Jimmy V went on to say that everyday you should think, laugh, and cry, and if you do all those in a day, that's a full day. Jimmy V ended his speech with the statement "Don't give up, don't every give up".

Something tells me there will be days in my families future that will include the following:

1) Tonya and I will "think" that maybe we should not have tried to get pregnant again...
2) Tonya and I will "laugh" at how crazy our life is...
3) Tonya and I will "cry" because our life is so crazy...

But we won't give up because we know that for each of the above times, there will be a hundred of these:

1) Tonya and I will not only "think", but we will know that this pregnancy was the best thing that could have happened to us.
2) Tonya and I will "laugh" because we love our family so much.
3) Tonya and I will "cry" becasue we love our family so much.

Thank you all for everything you have done and are doing for us. Thank you Tonya for being you.

Finally, a very kind person commented on the blog. This person was a nurse at the hospital where the twins were born. The person commented on Meadow's painted fingernails. This person made me cry today. Laughing and thinking are easy.

Love,
Lew

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely right, Jeremy. You will laugh and cry because life is so crazy and because you love your kids so much. You and Tonya are blessed to have each other and to have the challenges ahead of you that you will both handle with a strength that you didn't know you had before now.

Anonymous said...

Tonya,
Is your husband, (this Lew guy) for real? He continues to amaze me with his way with words! Today he had me in tears reading about his love for you and your family. I look forward to reading his blogs every day, and yours also. I didn't think there was another man like Mr. K, but there is, and I think you are married to him. I am so happy for you! He is so sincere, sensitive, smart, loving, etc, etc, etc. (Don't go getting a big head now Lew!!) Although I have never met your guy, I can tell that he is a GREAT HUSBAND AND FATHER! On top of the joy and love you have for your sons, and now for the quads, your heart must be overflowing with happiness to have such a wonderful husband. Your are very lucky Tonya, but I'm sure you already know that. I continue to pray for you and your family and wanted to thank you for sharing your story with everyone. Keep up the great positive attitude and know that lots of people here in Marine City are rooting for you and the babies! God Bless You and Your Family, Mrs. K.
PS Remember 1994 and "Love Shack"? I smile every time I hear that song:) It reminds me of all the fun that you girls had during High School. Who would of ever thought back then that one of the gang would be having quads!

Meranda Lambert said...

OK...now you made me cry.....We all knew you both could do this....Never a question in my mind!

meranda

Meranda Lambert said...

OK...now you made me cry.....We all knew you both could do this....Never a question in my mind!

meranda

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Lew...I'm in awe of you guys and so proud to call you my friends. You have been leaving a mark on everyone's lives for years that know you and through this experience, people who don't even know you are realizing how awesome you all are!! Mrs. K-don't worry Jeremy won't get a big head..he is one of the most humble people I know and the way he is writing these blogs is a small insight as to what a riot and great person he really is. The whole clan down here are all praying and pulling for the Lew Crew - all eight of you!!! Love Ya and God Bless!!!

Anonymous said...

Love you, love you, love you guys. I am blessed to be friends with such amazing people. You both put things in perspective, which definitely gives me strength. I can't wait to be Aunt Dana again(4x's). Still working on that hook-up for the van. I'll let you know what I come with. Hugs and kisses to you.