Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Omen by Lew


Okay, so I have done a bit of "thanking" on a previous blog or two. I don't believe I have made mention of anyone in particular. I have my reasons for that, and I will eventually be able to give all you a hug. I have to make mention of some names in this blog.

Both Tonya and I believe that everything happens for a reason.

Ben and Jen Wickstrom, we thank you. Everyone, we thank you. Ben and Jen made a delivery to us on Saturday. A delivery that no one knew about, not even them. Well, maybe one or two others, but I can't decide how much pull our angel has over the man. Ben and Jen dropped of an omen.

The Wicksrom family stopped by the hospital to visit on their way to the UP for the annual camping trip that our college crew goes on. We got to meet their two cool kids, Natalie and Alec, and their two cool kids got to meet our two cool kids. Their visit coincided with one of Tonya's outside excursions, which was great. Unfortunately, our visit got cut short. As we were visiting, Tonya received a telephone call from the nurse saying that Dr. M needed to talk to us, and only us, as in leave Tonya's parents outside with the kids kinda talk with us.

So, the Doppler on Baby B from Saturday morning made Dr. M think long and hard. He wasn't completely convinced about the flow. He needed the opinion of the radiologist.

So we immediately assumed that Dr. M needed to see us to tell us that we are having babies later today or tomorrow. I looked at T after she told me Dr. M needs to see us and only us with what I would guess was a very perplexed look on my face as I think Ben looked at me and was like "it's time for us to go".

Last night, Aiden, Caleb, Tonya, and I slept in the same bed at The Manor. Tonya was at the beach all day today with her mom and her two beautiful boys. All night and all day, Tonya was happy and stress free. The flow from the Doppler today had a higher low-end velocity than yesterday. Say what you want, think what you want, I now believe this is the best situation for The Quads.

Like I said, everything happens for a reason. I know everyones thoughts and prayers are one of the main reasons we will go the distance. We will make it to August 7, 2008, and The Quads will thank a lot of people for that.

Ben and Jen went out of their way to come see us. To see us for like a little bit. Tell me that something wasn't supposed to happen. Nobody can deny it. They came to Traverse City for a reason and it wasn't just to see us. Believe it or not, I do.

Thank you all for helping us go the distance. That is so important to us and it is so essential for The Quads. The percentages are so much more in our favor if we can get through these last 11 days or so. I think Tonya being with her family for the "homestretch" will enable us to get their.

Do you want to know how I know that we will go the distance - because I am good! Well, that's besides all you people that are pulling for us of course. But I, as in me, as in Lew, today, only moments before the ultrasound technician was going to get the heartbeat for Baby B, I say "Baby B's heart rate will be 131".

Baby B's heart rate...131.

Love,
Lew

No comments: