Monday, July 21, 2008

T Minus 7 Days...by Lew

Alright, so here's the deal. We are in what I would call a week long, "teathered" holding pattern. What does that mean? That means Tonya talked her way down from complete lockdown to "teathered-only" and The Quads will be born within 1 week! Complete lockdown refers to Tonya on bed rest - as complete lockdown would have been the only way to keep Tonya in that bed. She bartered her way out of the handcuffs and she can walk around her room. She remains teathered. She also bartered her way into being able to consume like an acre of lettuce a day at the hospital...

The Quads will be born within 1 week means just that!

So, this is what I know:

Baby B wants to come on out and have a beer with dad! Also, Baby B was starting to worry about not getting another shot of roid's. So now the other Babies are all pissed off because they heard through the umbilical line that the roid's are coming and they are afraid their balls might shrink/their nether region might bulge (just keeping you on your toes on what the genders are...), or they might sound like horses when they talk, or they might have hairy backs when they're born. And Baby B is like "shut up, I'd rather sound like a horse than a goat". And the other babies are like "goat, wtf is Baby Baaaaa talking about?" But Baby B told me (me as in me) it doesn't care about that stuff and it wants to dominate post-womb as in like you mess with the bull - you get the horns! And Tonya is like, "Baby B, you stay, you stay fo 2 mo weeks". And I'm like "F-it, come on out, I need a beer".

So that's the scientific synopsis...here's what the doctor's had to say:

Dopplers will be completed on each baby everyday, with extra special detail on Baby B - the roider. The nurses will monitor their heart rates for 30 minutes 2 times per day. Tonya got a shot of roids so Baby B should f-in relax now that it's biceps or lungs (again - on the toes I keep ya) are going to get all pumped up and what not. The thing with the roids - babies will be taken within 1 week. From what we've been told, that's the window with the final roid shot. Period.

Tonya is on bed rest. She is not confined to the bed, she can get up and walk around her room, but they are using the term bed rest to describe her state of being. When she first got in, they were like - bedrest. When the name Tonya and the term bedrest are utilized in the same sentence, all I hear is solitary confinement so you might as well drop the nuke on my head! Tonya gave her best pitch to the doctor to get out of the bedrest gig - and while doing so she had to "sush" me! But, I warned the doctor to bring her A game...and she did. How - regardless of what my thick-skulled wife thinks, her being in da' bed (just couldn't throw a crib in there) will enable her body to direct more blood to The Quads, as opposed to directing some to The Quads and some to Tonya to replenish her depleted supplies from playing at the beach or whatever. So, yeah, she is confined to her room is probably the best description.

All in all, I think we are doing fine. Aiden, Caleb, and Dad are very sad to not have mom at The Manor for a bit. It was a very difficult leaving Tonya at the hospital tonight and I'm getting choked up writing about it. And it was way harder for Tonya to say goodbye to us and have to stay there. Man...

Before I go any further, I want everyone to know that I have some very special in-laws. Tonya's mom is here with us! Without her, I would not be typing this right now and we would be freaking out - bigtime! Means more than I could ever express.

If I had to make a second prediction, Dr. Madion does his C-sections on Thursday...but those roids definitely comforted Baby B. I'm thinking they will let us go for a week, provided there is no reverse flow. So, Monday July 28, 2008!

I will call it Q-day from hear on out. Q-day as in Quads-Day!

Really, I can't wait. I can't wait to get the pressure off me. You know, the fact that every person that talks to me wants to know what they are...

I will do my best to keep up with the blog and I would anticipate updates on a nightly (after the kids go down) basis. Tonya requested that I post some photos? What? Yeah so I'm going to somehow try and find time to do that??? Probably won't but maybe.

Lastly, again thank you all. What a ride this was and will be. We can't wait to share all this fun with everyone!

Sweet dreams,
Lew

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy & Tonya,
Just wanted to let you know that Katie and I are thinking of and praying for you guys and the babies. Your posts bring back lots of memories from when Avery was making her grand entrance into the world 2 1/2 yrs ago. Having been long term residents of the Munson maternity ward and NICU, we do know that God has you guys in the right place with the best people. Lots of prayers,
Bob & Katie Verschaeve

damien said...

ive been following your blog for a while now . I know your wife doesnt like being locked up in the hospital , but for her to make it to 30 weeks with out being there is great . just make her ezat alot this next week so the babies can grow grow grow . your family is in my pryas for a safe delivery .


a blog adict in orlando fl

Unknown said...

Praying for you guys and the babies- whenever they are born!!!

Ashley

Anonymous said...

I just shook my head at the thought of MamaT on bedrest as I'm sure was everyone who knows her - what a foreign concept to try and grasp!! ha ha ha
However, I'm glad to hear now she's up and about - that's definitely a good sign!!!
Take care & know that you are in our thoughts & also the prayers that we are sending out from our crib here in South Park, where we hope you will someday also have a crib!!! (a big one to accommodate all of your mini-cribs!!)

MrsNanP